A lovely bit of breadstuffs for those of you with friends or a gathering of people to feed. An ace Tear n Share loaf from @officialchefjae's Preheat the Oven Blog with not just a tasty cheesy topping, but the Oooooooh! factor of each piece having cheese and onion in the centre.
- 450g White bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7g Easy bake yeast (Or one sachet)
- 300ml lukewarm water (100ml boiling water with 200ml cold water)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 150g Mature cheddar (About50g for topping)
- Weigh a large mixing bowl so you can work out the weight of dough at the end easily.
- Sift half flour and salt into the bowl, sift rest of flour and then add yeast and sugar. Mix briefly.
- Add the oil to the water and stir, add this to the flour mix whilst stirring. Mix thoroughly then leave covered for 10 mins.
- Put the dough out onto a surface. Floured if the dough seems wet, oiled if the dough seems dry.
- Knead for 10 mins until smooth and elastic.
- Oil the bowl and put the dough back in, cover and leave to rise until doubled in size. Weigh and subtract weight of the bowl.
- Heat a frying pan on a low heat, chop the onion finely and sweat in the pan for 10-15mins.
- Put the onion onto some kitchen towel to cool.
- Grate the cheese.
- Place baking paper on a large baking tray.
- Put the dough back on a surface, knock back, and knead for 5 mins.
- Divide weight of dough by 19. Take one of these 19ths of dough, shape into an approx 3" diameter circle, add a bit of 100g of cheese and onion (About a 19th of it ;) ) to the centre of the circle and pinch up the edges of the dough circle around it sealing it inside. Place this ball, pinched side down on the baking tray. (You can always grate a bit more cheese)
- If you have trouble trying to fit the cheese and onion in the circle of dough you can increase the amount of dough, but you will have fewer and larger pieces, and also 19 makes a nice shaped loaf of 3:4:5:4:3 blobs.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough blobs leaving no more than an inch between them on the tray in their 3:4:5:4:3 arrangement (If you have 19 of the little fellas)
- Cover, and leave until doubled in size.
- When the dough's nearly ready, preheat the oven to 190c/180c Fan/Gas 5
- When the dough is ready, sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 25mins until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, brush with olive oil, leave to cool on a rack.
OK, Time for some E P I C T U N E S !!!! Starting with Dire Straits - Telegraph Road
Next, we have (Unless I explode during the Blogger youtube search process) Pink Floyd - Shine on you Crazy Diamond Knebworth 1990 Stylee! (You can see me near the middle there somewhere :) )
And finally,THE BEST BAND called Jane's Addiction EVER!!! with Three Days.
These are great songs for listening to whilst sitting next to a pond late at night releasing tea lights in little boats, um, or wherever :)