Poor little prototype. Noel was a proud, 6 foot tall snowman until I bought him inside in the warm and put him on top of a Blueberry, Mango and Pecan cupcake (Recipe below...)
Seeing as he's a little Christmassy fellow, I've thrown him into English Mum's Big Christmas Bake Off for a larf :)
Here you go Noel, some classic '80s for you :) Modern English - I Melt With You
Which then reminded me of this awesome tune from The Wedding Present - Brassneck
And to chill Noel out a bit, some Christmassy Darude - Sandstorm :)
Blueberry, Mango & Pecan cupcakes:
These really are quite darn tasty and I'll definitely be making them again. Very quick and very tasty :)
- 300g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 125g Caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g Dried Mango pieces
- 100g Dried Blueberries
- 80g Broken up Pecans
- 225ml Milk
- 125ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Free range egg.
- Preheat the oven to 190c/170c fan/Gas 5.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients, fruit and nuts.
- In a bowl or jug beat the egg, add oil and milk and mix together.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry mixture.
- Mix together until combined evenly.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups
- Bake for 20-23mins until risen and golden, test cooked through with a cocktail stick/skewer.
- Allow to cool in the tray for 10 mins then move from the tray to a cooling rack to cool.
- Decorate (Optional)
- Eat (Mandatory)
Here's the rest of Noel's friends (Apart from the one who sacrificed himself in my mouth) Noel was my first play with Icing so I thought I'd see what else was possible with these learning hands for the other 10. Varying results but I learned things along the way, so that's good then :)