Well, I say Leek and Potato but it usually ends up with other various veggies in it as well, carrots normally, and sometimes a bit of broccoli.
I started making soups to go with sarnies during the winter months to replace the wonderfully healthy litre flask of coffee I'd get get through before lunch. Now, whilst unemployed, I use it to stop me eating choco based goodies all day, ok, almost stop me...
It's a lovely, basic, thick and tasty soup to see off any winter chills :)
Will serve 4-6.
- 500g pack of leeks (Or approx weight loose)
- 1 red onion
- 1 white onion
- 3 - 4 medium spuds
- 50g butter
- 5 medium carrots
- Chicken or Veg stock (I use 2 Chick oxo cubes)
- 300ml Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- A sprinkling of pepper.
- A sprinkling of Mixed herbs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed, or 1 tsp Garlic granules (Optional)
- Melt the butter in a 20cm or larger saucepan.
- Add salt, pepper, herbs and garlic.
- Trim and remove outer leaves of Leeks and chop to 1cm lengths. Add to saucepan.
- Chop onions and add to saucepan.
- Mix together with the butter mix, cover, and leave on a low heat for 10 mins stirring occasionally.
- Put the stock cubes in a jug and add 500ml boiling water to dissolve.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Peel and chop up the carrots.
- After the 10 mins on low heat, add the potatoes and carrots to the saucepan and stir.
- Add the jug of stock.
- Add the milk.
- Top up the saucepan with water to an inch from the top and stir. Put the lid on, bring back to the boil, then leave simmering for 30 mins.
- Blend or liquidise. (If using a liquidiser make sure the soup's quite cool just in case your liquidiser jug likes to crack if you put hot soup in it, like, um, mine did years ago and is held together with super glue :) )
- Eat, or in the case of it not being eaten straight away, re-heat and eat.
...and then I thought, why stick with just one tune!?!
By the way, these are not suitable for work, kids, sensitive people, or aliens wondering whether or not to spare the human race.
A Mahooosive track from Chase & Status ft Mali - Let You Go.
Um, another Mahooosive track from Chase & Status ft Plan b - Pieces :)
And finally, ooooh! Some Chase & Status ft Delilah - Time :D
Released with support for:
REFUGE - For women and children against domestic violence.
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE!!! (after letting soup settle)