Sunday 18 December 2011

Blueberry and Mango Muffins & Introducing Noel....





Poor little prototype. Noel was a proud, 6 foot tall snowman until I bought him inside in the warm and put him on top of a Blueberry, Mango and Pecan cupcake (Recipe below...)

Seeing as he's a little Christmassy fellow, I've thrown him into English Mum's Big Christmas Bake Off for a larf :)

Here you go Noel, some classic '80s for you :) Modern English - I Melt With You




Which then reminded me of this awesome tune from The Wedding Present - Brassneck




And to chill Noel out a bit, some Christmassy Darude - Sandstorm :)






Blueberry, Mango & Pecan cupcakes: 

These really are quite darn tasty and I'll definitely be making them again. Very quick and very tasty :)




  • 300g Plain flour
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 125g Caster sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 50g Dried Mango pieces
  • 100g Dried Blueberries
  • 80g Broken up Pecans
  • 225ml Milk
  • 125ml Vegetable oil
  • 1 Free range egg.



  1. Preheat the oven to 190c/170c fan/Gas 5. 
  2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients, fruit and nuts.
  3. In a bowl or jug beat the egg, add oil and milk and mix together.
  4. Add the wet mixture to the bowl of dry mixture. 
  5. Mix together until combined evenly.
  6. Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups
  7. Bake for 20-23mins until risen and golden, test cooked through with a cocktail stick/skewer.
  8. Allow to cool in the tray for 10 mins then move from the tray to a cooling rack to cool.
  9. Decorate (Optional)
  10. Eat (Mandatory)




Here's the rest of Noel's friends (Apart from the one who sacrificed himself in my mouth) Noel was my first play with Icing so I thought I'd see what else was possible with these learning hands for the other 10. Varying results but I learned things along the way, so that's good then :)






1 comment:

  1. I bloody love him. Baking and sparkles - possibly my two favourite things! Thanks for the entry x

    ReplyDelete